Dear IPTA Members and Congress Attendees,
On behalf of the Organizing Committees and the IPTA Council, we would like to thank you for attending and contributing to the tremendous success of the IPTA 2019 Vancouver Congress. We trust that you enjoyed the great variety of networking opportunities to connect with friends and colleagues in the beautiful city of Vancouver.
We are pleased to share with you the highlights of the Congress:
- 522 participants from all over the world:
Asia – 5%, Europe – 20%, Latin America – 4%, Middle East/Africa – 4%, North America – 63%, Oceania – 3%
- 323 submitted abstracts from 34 countries
- 115 invited speakers from 13 countries
- 6 Plenary Symposia, 5 State-of-the Art Presentations, 3 Pre-Congress Symposia, 16 Interactive Workshops, 21 Oral Abstract Sessions, 3 Poster Sessions and 2 Morning Industry Symposia
- Abstracts were published in Pediatric Transplantation Journal
- A special Congress opening and blessing by Elder Roberta Price
- Totem poles watching over speakers as they shared knowledge with friends and colleagues
- Pre-meeting symposia including a Writing Course workshop, Foundations in Pediatric Transplantation on Long-term Outcomes and a first-ever all-day Allied Health Symposium on Improving Outcomes in Pediatric Transplantation
- Thanks for generous sponsorship go to UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburg, Astellas, One Lambda, Stanford Children’ Health & Lucille Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford, Dr Ken Citron Charitable Trust and Bryce Cormier Memorial Fund as well as all our collaborating organizations and hospitals & non-profit organizations.
The recorded sessions from the Congress are now available to IPTA members and Congress attendees (instructions on how to access are further below). We continue to look forward to sharing new Association activities with you via our quarterly member newsletter, the next edition will be available to members in July.
We look forward to welcoming you to the next IPTA Congress in Prague, Czech Republic. Please mark your calendars: April 17-20, 2021.
Until then… please remain involved in our organization by visiting our website at: https://www.tts.org/ipta/home
IPTA President and IPTA 2019 Chair
Anne I. Dipchand